Rules & Regulations
- Absolutely no player(s) can be added to a teams roster after their first game
-> All tournament players must be listed on your first game sheet, which will become your final tournament roster.
-> A photocopy of an official Birth Certificates must be available at all times during the tournament, in case a player is challenged.
-> A player can ONLY register on 1 Roster in the tournament, regardless if the other team is in another age group. Maximum of 18 players may register and dress for each game.
- Mercy Rule: If by or at any time during the third period one team is ahead 5 goals or more, RUNNING TIME WILL COMMENCE and will not revert back. The timekeepers should not show a goal spread of more than 5 goals on the scoreboard at any time during the game.
- Scoring: 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss.
- Game Times: Teams must be ready to play 15 minutes prior to scheduled game time. Tournament and game officials have the authority to start games up to 15 minutes prior to scheduled game time to keep tournament on time. There will be a 2-minute warm-up prior to each game. Referee discretion to run the clock, if start of game is delayed with excessive warm-up.
- PLAYOFF ROUND TIES: In the event of a tie during the playoffs, there will be overtime. The format for this overtime will be as follows: First, 5 minutes 4 on 4 plus goalies. The next five minutes, will be 2 on 2 with goalies. Please note that at the end of the 5 minutes the buzzer will sound, and play will stop. In the event of a penalty during overtime the offending team will serve the penalty as per the GTHL guidelines (offending team will be short player(s) for the duration of the penalty during the 4 on 4 and 2 on 2). If teams are still tied: We will go to shoot out. First 5 players can be selected by the coach. If teams are still tied, 5 different players must be selected. No one player can shoot twice in any shoot out until all skaters on the roster have been used.
- Time-outs are only allowed in Quarters, Semi & Finals, where only one 30 second time out shall be allowed per team.
- 12-12-15 minute periods for all categories…
->Except for age groups 2013 & 2014 which will be 12-12-12 minute periods
- Body Checking WILL NOT be permitted in this tournament.
- Full face masks are required. Neck guards are recommended for USA teams but not mandatory.
- Any player receiving a game misconduct will be suspended for the remainder of that game only. That penalty will be reviewed by the Tournament Committee for further suspensions if necessary.
- A maximum of four coaches allowed behind the bench.
- The ice surface will be flooded after each game.
- Home and Visitors status on game sheet shall supersede any other listings. Coaches must sign game sheets. All teams must complete their respective game sheets at least 30 minutes before scheduled game time to ensure no sweater color conflicts. In case of conflict in jersey colors, Home Team has the right to choose their jersey color.
- ROUND ROBIN Tie Breaking Procedures:
a) Winner of two teams. In event of a three-way tie, this procedure does not apply.
b) The best plus minus goals record.
c) Add ‘goals for’ and ‘goals against’. Divide that into ‘goals for’. Highest percentage will advance.
d) If the above procedures do not break the tie, a coin toss will be the final tie breaking procedure.
- Playoff Rankings Format for Applicable Divisions of 9 ONLY
-Each Division Winner will advance and be ranked by percentage rule below. Each division shall have one winner.
The remaining wild cards shall be determined by the percentage rule only as tie breakers. In the event of both teams tie in a division with 7 points, i.e. no losses both shall advance
-Remaining teams will rank by “goals for” + “goals against” divided into “goals for= %
Highest percentage advances to fill remaining wildcard openings for playoffs. In the event of a percentage tie, most goals for will be considered.
- Coaches and Managers are responsible to control their players and Parents to ensure that each game is played safely, with no vulgar language or harmful infractions displayed. Team management responsible for any damages caused by their children to Arena facilities.
- Tournament Officials and/or Tournament Head Referee can waive any rule, game misconduct’s and may over rule and make any final decisions necessary.
- All Teams are responsible for bringing their own locks for dressing rooms as the tournament will NOT be responsible for any lost or stolen items.
HAVE A FUN FILLED WEEKEND!
You may not always agree but PLEASE RESPECT REFEREE’S AUTHORITY & DECISIONS ON ICE.